Monday, May 28, 2007

Morganje: Smoking Hot Trends!

Laura Ingalls Wilder and Mark Twain in the same post, Holy cow! How do I respond to that little bit of Americana, this Memorial Day. I'm sitting here at the Air Force Detachment (Non-Commissioned Officer on Duty) supervising the airmen returning from a long weekend. Hopefully they will all return without incident before bedchecks tonight. Back to work tommorow...ugh!

THE DARK ONE and I had a pretty good weekend we went to see the third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. I really don't understand the public enthrallment with this piece of crap. The whole Davy Jones with tentacles and all the magical crap is just mind-numbingly boring...matter of fact I fell asleep, so did THE DARK ONE. My sleep apnea woke me up and there she was sleeping with her mouth open. Cute. Since that movie sucked and Squishykitkat was spending the weekend with friends...we went out again the next night. Now hold on, I know you don't believe this, but occasionally we have fun together (May is our anniversery Month...14 yrs I think) We went and saw Disturbia, which was a fun, fresh thriller starring my new favorite actor Shia LeBeouf, and Hot-Milf, Carrie Anne Moss. I kept expecting her to start running on the walls and shooting up the Matrix.

Oh, but that's not all...THE DARK ONE, asked me to go to the Smithsonian Museum this morning. I know, I know. I was expecting to get whacked or something! She just wanted a romantic day exploring the Holocaust Museum. Man that place is a downer. But a nice place to pay respects for the victims of the holocaust. Its hard to believe that Man is capable of such atrocities...that said, it was one of those days when you remember, why. Walking down those darken halls, hand-in-hand, watching her, read the exhibits...a sharp memory from the past, like a song forgotten...It's moments like these.


Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"UNNAMED ONE" and I are always looking at ways to improve the blog or shamelessly direct traffic to our site. The synergy and enthuisiasm of our efforts propelling us forward as we blog the world. Today I stumbled on to something that is interesting, a cross section of what America is interested in, what they are, or were searching for on any given date. Called Hot Trends from Google Labs its a list of 100 top searches for that day. Studying these topics and discovering why they are being searched is most captivating. I started brainstorming about how to leverage this into traffic...shameless, really. I understand why Marquis Hill is the number one search, he tragically drowned today in Lake Pontchartrain, LA. I know why Prospero Books is the number three search, because the owner is burning books in protest to the lack of interest in the printed word. However other searches have me completely baffled, Why are people, lots of people searching for grilled corn on the cob around 1:00pm today?

Captain Koons: The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then,
after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the
watch to you.

No comments: