Saturday, July 21, 2007

Morgan: Time Keeps on Slipping...

As I get closer to my retirement, I have numerous song lyrics going through my head. Do you know where your going to?...Take this job and shove it!...Time Keeps on Slipping...I am feeling a little stress as I quickly approach that day. I'm running out of time! I have less than 10 days to finish my outprocessing and locate other employment. Stress? yeah a little. On top of the stress I'm on some kind of emotional rollercoaster that has me going from excitement to remorse in seconds. Yes I'm excited to move on, to the "next level" in my life. At the same time, I can't help but think about how much I have enjoyed the U.S. Air Force. It has been such a huge part of my life since I was 17, I am Air Force. What happens to me when you take that uniform away? 10 Days...wtf. I'm taking 20 days permissive TDY, 10 days Terminal leave and I'm selling 59 days of leave. I'm thinking about hitting the Appalachian Trail by myself for a week, I just want to be by myself. Colette says I should go someplace special...I don't know.




Work in progress...I need a break

3 comments:

our girl said...

oh you. i feel for you. that sloughing off skin ain't easy, kitten. i still feel raw about exiting my chrysalis. here's to my favorite brother butterfly

Mr. Andy said...

at least you can grow a sweet goatee...

Jeffrey Morgan said...

And a kickass Mullet like Joe Dirt!
Wait until they get a load of me...I'll look like a dirty, tattooed, Mullet-Wearing Carney...No Offense Andy. Business Up front, party in the rear! Yehaaa!