Thursday, July 5, 2007

Morgan: 4th of July Grand Slam!


I was wondering how to respond to "Bliss"...but I can't, I AM A MAN! We have different emotions and feelings than...girls. Yes. It's true! But we're not complete cyberneticly engineered emotionless robotrons. I think even I am a little different than....others. What makes me, a grown man tear up with emotion? One word....patriotism. Alot of people think patriotism is dead. They're wrong. I love this country, and I would, and have pledged an oath to give my life for it if necessary. Nothing pisses me off more than...an American disrespecting our flag or heritage.

I spent the fourth of July attending the Washington Nationals Major League Baseball game against the Chicago Cubs...what better way to observe the fourth of July than with America's favorite game. I met my brother and his family at the Vienna Metro and road all the way to RFK Stadium to see the game. I don't like the Metro...at all. Matter fact I hate it. Next year I'll do the more American thing and burn some fossil fuels, and drive the Grey Ghost. I missed the national anthem because we were 20 minutes late (riding the friggin' metro) but when we climbed the ramps up to our upper level center, field section and walked down that dark tunnel the sun nearly blinded us we emerged and the green grass of the field was electric and at that instant the crowd roared (because of a great play) but it felt like we had made a grand entrance...into the coliseum. A few innings later the crowd started singing..."Take me out to the ball game. That's when I teared up. How American! Everyone singing, waving their red hats, the Cubs fans waving their Blue hats. I was proud to be an American. Sharing the game with 39,456 of my closest friends....Here comes the wave! whhhhhoa!
Although my brother was disappointed that the Cubbies lost, we got to witness Dimitri Young Hit a GRAND SLAM! bases loaded, home run in the bottom of the fifth. I have never seen a MLB grand slam and it was very exciting, I feel like I really accomplished something...and now I can check off that box.

I just wanted to talk about one more great American Institution! Wall Street. I am by no means an expert investor I'm just excited that one of my stock picks is really performing well. I bought ctrp at $76.33 a share and today it was at $86.51 Unfortunately I only bought 19 shares...but isn't that exciting! Over time the American Stock market has always outperformed any investment vehicle out there. So when I heard a great tip that this ctrp was hot I went for it. I did a little research and found out that ctrp was China's number one travel booking site...as a matter of fact It is based off of expedia.com (stolen) ctrp has grown 55% annually for the last couple of years, and has barely tapped into the Chinese market. 20 Billion Chinese can't be wrong eh? How American!

"I was just glad that I didn't give him the day off, because that crossed my mind today."
-- Manny Acta, on Dmitri Young

4 comments:

Mr. Andy said...

I was at Monday & Tuesday's games when the CUBS Won!!! For being a 40+ year stadium, it is not bad for a game. -andy

our girl said...

i...i..i got nothing.

Jeffrey Morgan said...

Whadya saying andy...you young punk! you saying Im old, you whippersnapper...why I'm gonna...hmmmm beer. Where am I?

Mr. Andy said...

go take your fiber and have a nice weekend. :)