Saturday, June 2, 2007

Morgan: Rebirth of Victorian Blogging

I've got to admit, I've gone through some serious blog phases after the last Bout of Blog. Admitedly I was baiting the bear with loaded blogshot and I shouldn't have posted one photo which I thought was innocent enough. When the rebuttal came I was shocked that we had been shutdown...I felt guilty and started questioning my actions. Then I felt angry, because I have always sucessfully danced on the sharp edge of appropriateness. And I was upset that I might have slipped and offended my friend. Then I reread the rebuttal, and slowly like a Rhino waking from long nap I realized "She" was more upset with her own actions...Then I got mad all over again for different reasons. I start formulating aggressive responses, like "I fear No Man!" and "whatever happened to freedom of speech!" and "Screw 'em all if they 'aint got a sense of humour" However, the seeds of doubt had been sown, and I was uncertain about any of my topics. So I waited and worked on other blogs, designing headers and new illustrations for Monday Artday. The longer I waited the more worried that I became that she didn't want to blog anymore. because I really do enjoy it. And then I tried to look at it from her perspective...and I began to understand, we had gone astray(in our writing)...and she had every right to be concerned, even if I didn't feel the same, I could empathize and change my style. If that's not enough I posted Streaming TV at the bottom of this blog, and Sudoku...scroll down and see whats not on TV or play Sudoku! I have removed the TV...Poor ratings.

Whether he went on with the diary, or whether he did not go on with it, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.

No comments: