Monday, January 21, 2008

OurGirl: My Favorite Year

My favorite year? hands down, 2005. i turned 40 and got married on the same day, on a sunny carribean island—just me and my husband. family an friends told me getting married on my birthday was a bad idea. i laughed and said i only wanted to get mad at him once a year. the dear had trouble remembering my birthday, so i didn't hold out much hope for the wedding anniversary.

my husband, much like walsh, has a twisted, nougaty-center. i, on the other hand, am bone-head thru and thru.

for the last three years, i have forgotten the wedding anniversary and barely grunted over the mention of my birthday. my husband, however has gotten ahold of the list of anniversary gifts. the traditional one.

first year: paper. bought me a book, the joy of cooking. me, zippy. he looked disappointed when i grumbled, why anniversary gifts?

second gift: cotton. i just quizzed him and he cant remember what he bought me that was cotton, but he is sure he did. i am too, because i remembering forgetting the anniversary again, and the sad look he shot me.

third gift? leather. heh. so it didnt help that i couldn't stop giggling when he told me this year's anniversary gift-giving ideas. but i had to applaud his originality. he was going to get me a leatherman. then he found out that once again, his wife disappointed him.

so i have another resolution for this year. i'm going to remember the anniversary way in advance. i'm going to make it THE anniversary year and catch up with ALL the years in arrears. oh yeh. then who is going to be the best spouse, ever?

2 comments:

Mr. Andy said...

leather? deliciously naughty..... i was wearing my chaps today.. nobody noticed :)

our girl said...

i would have noticed, had it not been for the river of snot coming out of my nose. i think everyone was happy i went home today.

quick shout out to the teacher/creator of airborne. that stuff is awesome! it took my river down a few flood stages....

heh. more than anyone needed to know.